Morrison County will provide cost effective, high quality services to county residents in a friendly and respectful manner.
County Auditor‐ Treasurer
213 S.E. 1st Ave
Little Falls, MN 56345‐3196
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Treasurer Department
Date: October 30th, 2020 Phone: (320) 632‐0137
November 3rd, 2020 GENERAL ELECTION INFORMATION
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit has overruled the state approved consent decree extending the deadline for submitting an absentee and mail ballots. The consent decree changed the deadline from requiring absentee and mail ballots to be received by Election Day to being postmarked on or before election day and received within the next seven days. The Court of Appeals ruling means absentee and mail ballots must be received by Election Day in order to be counted.
• Voters should no longer place their absentee ballot in the mail.
• Instead, voters have several options to ensure their vote is counted in the November general election:
• Voters who have already put their ballot in the mail can track their ballot at http://www.mnvotes.org/track. If their ballot has not yet been received the voter can vote inperson in either by absentee, or at their polling place on Election Day.
• Voters can deliver their ballots to their county election office by hand (or have someone they trust hand-deliver it for them).
• Voters can cast their vote in person with an absentee ballot at the Morrison County Auditor-Treasurers office up until November 2, 2020.
• Voters can cast their votes in person on Election Day. Use Minnesota's Polling Place Finder tool to find out where to vote at https://pollfinder.sos.state.mn.us/
MAIL BALLOT PRECINCT INFORMATION:
All mail ballot precincts have a polling place on Election Day. The Morrison County Auditor-Treasurers Office is the County Election Office. Morrison County Auditor-Treasurers Office is open on Election Day from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. for mail ballot precinct voters.
What are options for mail ballot precinct voters on Election Day?
Mail ballot voters on Election Day from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. can:
•Return their voted mail ballot to the County Auditor-Treasurers Office
•Have an agent return their voted mail ballot to the County Auditor-Treasurers Office (limit of three others’ ballots can be returned as an agent).
•Take their unvoted ballot packet to the County Auditor-Treasurers Office, vote it and turn it in.
•Go to the Auditor-Treasurers Office and inform election staff that your mail ballot was spoiled, lost, thrown away, etc. and: ◦Have a replacement ballot issued ◦Vote the replacement ballot ◦Turn it in
•Non-Registered voters in a mail ballot precinct on Election Day can register at the County Auditor-Treasurers office and vote. New voters within a mail ballot precinct may have to produce Election Day Registration documents.
Please see the listing below for open precincts on election day and a listing of mail ballot precincts in Morrison County.
Please visit our website for more information at: https://www.co.morrison.mn.us/219/Elections-Voting OR contact our office at (320) 632-0137