Applying for Services
The easiest and quickest way to apply is by completing an online application. You may also print an application, complete it, and bring it into Morrison County Social Services or mail it to: Morrison County Social Services, 213 SE First Avenue, Little Falls, MN 56345. Applications may also be picked up at Morrison County Social Services or mailed to you by calling 320-632-7800.
- Minnesota's Child Support Program helps parents establish a financial partnership so children receive the financial, medical and child care support they deserve.
- There are two levels of services available. It is important to learn about the two options and decide which will best meet your needs.
- This document has more details: Explanation of Child Support and Income Withholding-Only Services in Minnesota (PDF)
- If you are currently receiving public assistance benefits through Morrison County, a worker from your Eligibility Team will automatically refer your case for full child support services.
Full child support services include:
- locating parents
- establishing parentage
- establishing court orders for basic, medical and child care support
- reviewing and asking the court to modify basic, medical and child care support orders when appropriate
- adjusting support orders based on changes in the cost of living
- enforcing support orders
- working with other states to enforce support orders
- processing payments the Minnesota Child Support Payment Center receives for child support and spousal maintenance including income withholding
- locating potential sources of income
- serving an income-withholding notice on the employer of the parent owing support
Full child support services do not include the following. Please contact an attorney or legal services office if you need these services:
- divorce assistance
- parenting time or custody issues
- spousal maintenance order establishment or modification
- collection of bills not related to support, property settlements or attorney's fees (except in limited circumstances per MN Statute 518A.735)
- legal advice or counsel