Report Suspected Vulnerable Adult Abuse
Contact the toll free MN Adult Abuse Reporting Center (MAARC) hotline at 1-844-880-1574.
- This phone line is intended for use by the general public, and is staffed 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- If your situation is an emergency, call 911 to reach your local law enforcement agency.
- Do not use email in an emergency situation or to make a vulnerable adult report.
Guidelines for Prioritizing Vulnerable Adult Reports for Investigation (PDF)
Who is a Vulnerable Adult?
A vulnerable adult is a person 18 years of age or older who either receives care services or who has an impaired ability to provide for his or her own needs and protect him or herself from harm.
Types of Maltreatment:
- Abuse, including physical/emotional, verbal, sexual, personal exploitation
- Financial Exploitation
- Self Neglect, is not technically in the Vulnerable Adult Act but will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please review the Adult Protection Brochure.