Child Support

  • Minnesota's child support program helps ensure that children receive support from both parents. 
  • You may need help getting a child support order established, enforcing an order or even locating the other parent. 
  • These and many other services are available at little or no cost to parents.
  • If you do not need any of these services, you can apply for income withholding only to get help processing payments only.

You can apply for full services if any of the following are true:

  • You are the parent or alleged father of a minor child
  • A minor child lives in your household and at least one parent of the child lives away from home
  • You have a court order and are owed only past-due child support (called arrears) even if all of the children subject to the order are 18 or older