Recreational camping area means any area, whether privately or publicly owned, used on a daily, nightly, weekly, or longer basis for the accommodation of five or more tents or recreational camping vehicles free of charge or for compensation.
Recreational camping vehicle used in sections 327.14 to 327.28 includes the following:
- Any vehicular, portable structure built on a chassis, designed to be used as a temporary dwelling for travel, recreational, and vacation uses
- Any structure designed to be mounted on a truck chassis for use as a temporary dwelling for travel, recreation, and vacation
- Any portable, temporary dwelling to be used for travel, recreation, and vacation, constructed as an integral part of a self-propelled vehicle
- Any folding structure, mounted on wheels and designed for travel, recreation, and vacation use
Vehicles Not Included
Recreational camping areas do not include:
- Children’s camps
- Industrial camps
- Migrant labor camps, as defined in Minnesota Statutes and state commissioner of health rules
- United States Forest Service camps
- State forest service camps
- State wildlife management areas or state-owned public access areas which are restricted in use to picnicking and boat landing
- Temporary holding areas for self-contained recreational camping vehicles created by and adjacent to motor sports facilities, if the chief law enforcement officer of an affected jurisdiction determines that it is in the interest of public safety to provide a temporary holding area.